Finding, Instilling, and Evoking Hope
CANCELLED: Contact us to hear about future workshops.
In this 1-day workshop you will:
- Deepen your understanding of hope and the role it plays in motivational interviewing
- Strengthen your awareness of where hope lives inside of you and your practice
- Strengthen your ability to nurture hope with and in your clients
This training is appropriate for helping professionals with previous MI training AND practice experience in the role of supporting individuals to make and sustain changes: social workers, physicians, nurses, health educators, care managers, dieticians, counselors, psychologists, life and health coaches, clergy, probation/corrections officers, personal trainers, school counselors, and educators, among others.
Included in the Workshop
- 6 hours of high-level training from very experienced national and international MINT trainers
- 6 Social Work CEUs from NASW
- Certificate of completion
- 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- Lunch: 12:00-1:15 pm
Coaching & Structured Feedback
Flexible Scheduling – $450
This set of activities is designed to support the learner in practicing and building the basic skills learned in the beginning training. Both individual coaching and MI-based feedback have been shown to facilitate skill development. Each learner will receive three coaching sessions along with three evaluations. The coaching is typically done telephonically and involves practicing specific skills and strategies. The MI-based feedback is provided by a faculty evaluation of recorded sessions that may be with real clients or with other learners, using the Motivational Interviewing Treatment Integrity (MITI) 4.1 coding system. The learner receives the actual coding results, as well as suggestions for ongoing practice and improvement. The timing and scheduling of the activities will be negotiated between the coach and the learner.
- Ongoing assessment of skill level with a highlighting of strengths and growth
- Active practice with the MI skills and strategies targeted toward the individual learner
- Continued deepening of MI skills